It used to be that computers would be used for little more than text documents and spreadsheets, but more and more people are turning to their PCs for entertainment value as well. The trouble is that the speakers that are built into a laptop or come bundled with a desktop are usually pretty crappy. They get the sound out, but not in the same kind of fashion that you’d be able to enjoy through a proper home theatre system.
While a 5.1 speaker system is nice and all, not all of us want to deal with the messy wires and cables that would be involved in managing six speakers. Providing us with surround sound without the need for rear speakers is the Logitech Z Cinema Advanced Surround Sound System. It may look like your regular run-of-the-mill 2.1 speaker system, but those two satellites are actually capable of producing virtual surround sound via SRS TruSurround HD technology.
Features and Specs at a Glance
Naturally, the most notable feature on this premium set of PC speakers is its ability to produce surround sound without rear speakers. According to the Logitech official page, “SRS TruSurround HD puts you in the middle of a broad sweet spot, creating an immersive sound experience.” Aside from this, the Logitech Z Cinema Advanced Surround Sound System also boasts the following.
- Unique tri-amplification design and digital crossover EQ
- Two-way satellite speakers
- An 8-inch long-throw subwoofer with flared bass port
- True 24-bit digital quality audio
- Multiple input and output options
- Powerful Media Center remote control
- Total power: 180 watts RMS
- Subwoofer: 110 watts RMS (into 4 ohms @ 45Hz)
- Midwoofer: 26 watts RMS x 2 (into 4 ohms @335Hz)
- Tweeter: 9 watts RMS x 2 (into 16 ohms @ 17kHz)
- Satellite speaker dimensions: 250.4 x 115 x 112.4mm
- Subwoofer dimensions: 292.4 x 290.6 x 413.9mm
- MSRP: US$299.99 / CAD$349.99
Real Time Price